Monday, November 26, 2007

Staging your home

Are you having trouble selling your home?

The number of homes for sale in my market is staggering. As a seller your goal is to be the 1st SOLD right? How do you plan to accomplish that goal? Price and condition are the most common ways.... I am going to suggest staging your home.

"How you live in your home and how we sell your house are two different things!" -B. Schwarz


Okay, what is staging a home? I will start by saying what it is not; decorating your home! Simply put it is re-evaluating your home from the buyers perspective. What are the key features or as your REALTOR what am I selling? Are those features being showcased or are they hidden by your furniture and decorating? That is not to be taken personally, I am sure your decoration is great but that is not what sells homes today. You hired or are looking to hire an agent to SELL the home not put it up for sale, right?


The best example I can share with you is this:


A home I had been marketing for several months was receiving multiple showings and great online views but no offers. After completing the ASP designation I staged the home and within 14 days we received and accepted an offer! See the photos of the master bedroom at the right for a small example! Contact me for a consultation or referral to a local ASP Realtor in your market!

No comments: